Will Ohio Take Our Oklahoma State Tax Refund

by Sarah Bush/ John Brawley
(Weatherford, Ok, USA ,/ from Middleport, Oh USA)

My boyrfriend ,John, of 8yrs. We have 6 kids together an we have lived in Oklahoma for a little over a year now. Originally from Ohio, he has 6other kids which he owes back child support for 2ofthem. Every week csa take out a little bit of money for back pay and a little bit for now cuz the boy is 16.

They know about our 6 kids that he supports that's why they don't take much. He was $14000 behind but he's been payin on it for over a year. Csa took our federal refund $2435. (Which should've been $7336. I claimed him single instead of Heah of Household it was my 1st time filing so I have to file an amended return to get the rest of the amount)

He claimed 3 of our children on it. Now, we're not married and he didn't claim me for 2011. A couple questions:

#1: Are my children entitled to any portion of the federal tax return or state?

#2: They took the federal already, now will Ohio CSA be allowed to take an Oklahoma state tax refund?

#3: When he claimsmy children and I next year, if we are not married, will I be entitled to a portion of the refunds? Or do we have to be married for me to receive a portion?

#4: do I have to work to be eligible for a portion? (I am a stay at home mother. My children are 6 and under. From 3months to 6yr and there are 6kids)

Please try to answer all my questions if u know the answer

Thank you so much for your time to stop and read this.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Definitions Questions.