Why did the state get the arrearages my ex owed

by Rhonda Ward
(Calhoun, LA)

I am totally confused. I was told that the state intercepted my ex-husband's income tax and that I would be receiving the check ($1200 +/-) in six months because he had filed jointly. The six months is up and I called again today and was told the state did intercept his income tax and that the state is keeping the money because I had state assistance a while back? Please explain this to me. I am a single mom on disability and I truly believe I need the money more than the state. Does the $1200 get deducted from the $29K + that he owes me?

Rhonda Ward

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.