What If I donot want Child Support Services?

by Angela
(Gulf County, FL.)

My child's dad is in jail. I have had many problems with him in the past, including domestic violence. he also has a record. It would be better for us all, for me to take care of her on my own, and not to apply for any support. Yet, in order to apply for food assistance, I am suppose to do what they call "cooperate with Child Support." Is there any way not to apply and still receive food assistance? I cannot contact the local child support Office (they have no local number). Thank you.

Comments for What If I donot want Child Support Services?

Click here to add your own comments

no child support
by: Anonymous

There is a number you can cal to talk to a child support specialist. If you have a case worker or dont know who your case worker is they can help you. I dont know how florida does it, but in nm if you get medicaid or cash assistance they mostly make you go for child support. No child support offices have in state numbers you must call a 1-800 number Here is some information listed below good luck.

Customer Service
(all counties except Miami-Dade and Manatee)

7:00 AM-7:00 PM EST Monday-Friday How to get child support services.

Information on the services we provide.

If you are getting child support services from us you can:

Update your personal information such as:

Get a status on your case.

Get other case information.

Miami-Dade County
8:00 AM-5:00 PM EST
Manatee County Customer Service
8:00 AM-5:00 PM EST

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Resources Questions.