Wages Garnished In Another State

by Joel

My wife and i have been separated for 8 months, she left the state of Ohio and took our 4 kids 7 hours away to NC 1 of the children she has no legal rights to. I thought this would be a trial separation, but within a month of her leaving she stated she would not be coming back and would be filing for divorce. I immediately filed for divorce in Ohio.

I was paying her money for the kids and she already lined up a job. My lawyer stated that i was paying to much to her and set an amount.She went crazy and contacted NC child support who contacted my employer and is now garnishing my wages. I have petitioned NC child support stating that there is a divorce pending in Ohio and NC has no right to be garnishing my wages. Is it possible for NC child support to do this?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Summit County Child Support Questions.