Unwed Father Needs Advice

by DBledsoe

My girlfriend and I have an 11 month old daughter and she moved out 2 weeks ago with her new boyfriend.

She is requesting that I purchase all my daughters diapers, formula, clothing and I also carry insurance on her.

I am afraid if her new relationship doesn't work out she will try to then sue me for back child support.

How should I handle child support prior to court order?

I live in Louisiana and she has moved back to Texas.

Comments for Unwed Father Needs Advice

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support Questions
by: Child Support America Staff

Hi and thanks for your question. You should wait until the child support order is established. Unless you know for sure that she is your daughter. But keep this in mind, anything that you do for her not through the system is considered a gift. Is there a child support case opened?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Fathers Rights Questions.