Trying To Forgive Back Child Support

I am trying to forgive my ex-husband's back child support, as he has a new wife and child and I am remarried myself. We are pretty good friends and unfortunately, he has fallen on hard times with the current economy. That all being said, I need to know if there is another way to forgive the arrears than going through the Texas Attorney General. The reason I ask is that I can not get my case worker to return my phone call. I leave him 3 messages a day, but he never calls back, and no one else in the office can help me. They keep telling me I have to work directly with my case worker. Well, the office is 2.5 hours from where I live, and in order to get my case transferred to a closer office, I have to go to court (or this is what they tell me). Soo...can I forgive the arrears a different way? And how can I get them to transfer my case to the city/county in which I live?

Comments for Trying To Forgive Back Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

Get Court System involved
by: Anonymous

Contact where you live first, if this doesn't work, contact the court where your child support case is located. Good luck.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.