Tax Refunds Not Received Yet

by Debra Mcdougal
(Bentonville, Ar)

My ex-husband Wendell recently proved to me that he has filed his income taxes for the past two years (he filed in Missouri through Jackson Hewitt) yet I have not received a dime of the refund money and neither has he. We are talking about two refunds and a stimulus payment which totals at approximately $2000. We both have attempted to handle this locally through our caseworker in Lowell but, as usual, NOBODY will return our call or answer our questions.

This is, in my opinion, a very serious situation as $2000 is a lot of money to be "lost" in the system and my ex-husband and I need an explanation promptly. I earn 18,000 a year and currently have $23 to my name. My son and I would benefit GREATLY from this money and I am literally BEGGING for help in this situation to find this money.
Thank-you very much, Debra McDougal

Comments for Tax Refunds Not Received Yet

Click here to add your own comments

What to do
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hello Debra,

Sorry to hear about your income tax situation. $2,000 is a lot of cash to be lost or misplaced. Talking with your case worker is one idea, but I think you need to contact the IRS. They should be able to tell you if they have a record of the check. Many times child support income tax checks can take months to be mailed out.

So I would make some phones calls to the IRS and see what you can find out. If you feel you need some legal help, contact us by leaving a comment to this post, and we will respond back. You can also contact us for any other matter as well.

Well take care, and we hope you get this situation resolved.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.