Suing an inmate for child support

by rob
(bristol, ct, usa)

My situation is unique. I am married and my husband is in prison and has about a year left to serve. I don't know what our situation is going to be like when he's released. I can't say either way because well, Im just tired. Tired of it all. I have 4 children am unemployed at the moment and luckily, by the grace of god, have been able to hold things down. One of my children is grown and out of the house. The other 3 are teenagers

I want to know if I can sue him for child support. My feeling is that if we are not together after his time is complete, and he gets out and starts working, which he probably will, I would actually like to be "paid" back for the "suffering" I have had to endure due to his behavior.

I know it would be hard to get an order with no income on his part, but knowing my luck, i will divorce him, the kids will all be over 18 and he will win the lottery when he gets out and live large while I've had to make due on very little money thru his 4 years in prison.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.