Stopping a child support order

My child and I live in NJ and my ex-husband lives in PA. He was ordered to pay child support after our divorce in May of 2008. He hadn't paid a dime of it for over a year when they finally started to garnish his wages for the monthly amount as well as arrears. I have since gotten remarried and my new husband has just adopted my 10 year old son. How do I get them to cancel the original child support order now that my ex-husband is no longer my child's father in the eyes of the law?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Definitions Questions.