Steps To Making The Father Pay Child Support

by Gabriele
(Denver, Colorado USA)

I am 23 yrs old and I am still attending college. The father is the same age and was not contributing financially. I had him pay child support of 202 dollars and he couldn't make that payment. so he modified the agreement to pay 50.00 now. He still cant pay that amount! I use to pay for everything an struggled for a long time with our child. now I live with another man who helps me with her who is now 5yrs old and supports me to finish school.

While the father still lives with his parents, doesn't have any financial obligation but to her. When i contact the cse office they tell me well we will do the steps in order to make him pay but if he doesn't pay then he doesn't pay...this makes me frustrated and want to know if there is anything i can do to enforce this or am I out of luck and just wait? I have heard stories that the father went to jail on being 1000 behind. But nothings happened an he is now 2000+ behind an this was ordered a yr and a half ago. any advice will help thanks!

Comments for Steps To Making The Father Pay Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

Steps To Making Him Pay
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Gabrielle,

The only other option is that you personally take him to court for back support. This would be at your expense. Attorneys, filing fees, etc. You will have to decide if it is worth it for you or not. That is what happens in the system. It is hit and miss. Has his taxes been offset to you?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.