Paternity test proves I have a child

by John keiser

Around 3 years or so ago I took a paternity test in Ohio. I heard nothing back for around 3 months and moved to Arkansas. Around two months ago I got a email from the mother to the child stating I was the father to the child. She told me about her going to court about child support and it was set at 300 a month. I have seen the paternity test results she sent to me and the court docs. So I have been sending her 175 every two week via mail in money order form. I just found out that it may not count towards back child support or count as payments. I am just scared that I am going to get in trouble and dont want to. I have a wife and daughter and am a upstand person who wants to do things the right way.

Comments for Paternity test proves I have a child

Click here to add your own comments

Child support
by: Anonymous

You need to contact the child support in which state she resides and tell them how you want to make payments. I really hope you been saving the money order receipts if not it wont count as child support. When sending the money order you should of put her name and the child name in Parenthisis. After that put child support payment. If she had the number and name of your child support case worker call them and let them know you have made money order payments directly to her and set up a different method of payment.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.