One Night Stand

by Amy

I had a one night stand last year and subsequently had a child. I have not been able to contact the father. I have emailed him numerous times, called left messages on his cell phone and texted him. He lives out of state possibly in another country now. I do not know his complete name, address where he lives, where he works, or other identifying information. This was due to our limited contact.

What are the odds and difficulty of obtaining a child support order? Or locating him?

Comments for One Night Stand

Click here to add your own comments

One Night Stand
by: Child Support America Team Member

Dear Amy,

You can always obtain a child support order. Call and open one today. Give as much information as possible. Even if he cannot be located as least an order will be in place and he could have a series of problems as his payments fall into arrears. Do you have his full name, birth date?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Services Questions.