Obtaining Medical Records And Pursuit Of Custody

by Bryon

My Name is Bryon I am the father of a beautiful little girl named Lily. I currently live in Reno Nevada to go college. The short version of this is the mother lives in Oregon with my daughter,I up to about a month ago had moved to Oklahoma to take care of my Mom whose health was falling fast.My ex decided she did want to move with me so i had moved there to take care of mom.We were not married.Shortly after i had moved i began paying child support and medical for my daughter.That went well for about four years.On November 17,2009 i was talking to my daughter on the phone and she said something about being touched somewhere she shouldn't have.Well i got upset got my ex on the phone and she proceeds to tell me the year before that my daughter had been molested by her husband.Since then i have been fighting and arguing with various different agencies trying to figure exactly what had happened.

I had never received any phone calls or any notices in the mail about this.. I am furious about it. Since i found out i have got some records from the Rose-burg police department in Oregon where this had happened.I have also been in contact with DHS there in that city and currently waiting on records from there office. What i am trying to do is i need to know how to proceed with a lawsuit. I feel they have violated my rights of a father by not notifying of such a act taking place. They also turned custody over to my daughter's grandmother for a short period of time as well while the investigation took place. The husband is currently serving a sentence in Oklahoma state prison for Sexual Abuse in the first degree. I was notified at all to this happening.They are not any court orders for visitation or anything.The only court order that exists right now that i know is for child support.Any Help you could offer in this matter i would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments for Obtaining Medical Records And Pursuit Of Custody

Click here to add your own comments

Help your child
by: Anonymous

Get a lawyer and try to get that baby. Be a good father. Take out a loan if you have to and get your child and provide a stable home for her. I can't believe you were not contacted.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Fathers Rights Questions.