non custodial parent forgiven of child support arrears

by Michelle Estrada
(Kenosha, WI)

I was divorced in Idaho 3 yrs ago. I have full custody an rights to my children. The child support order was established off my ex-husband's myspace income claim of $100K a yr. So he was ordered to pay $1,069 a month for 2 children.

The caviot is that I now live in WI, he lives in IL. He has obtained an attorney in IL requesting to have the ID order transferred to IL. My question is this:

Can a judge order a deadbeat (non paying parent)not have to pay child support arrears over $35K, without the consent of the custodial parent's permission?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.