No Child Support And He Wont Work

I have been separated from my ex for over 3 years. We went to court at that time to set child support, and visitation. He was ordered to pay 500.00 a month for 2 children, which was agreed upon by me,him and his attorney. Two months after that was ordered he lost his job. He hasn't paid in almost 3 years since he hasn't worked. He told me he will not work since I would get all of his money anyway.

He will not even look for a job. I just filed a violation of court order against him last week and I am still waiting for that. My concern is since he did not work all this time the 12,000 in back support will be dropped and they will greatly reduce future payments too. I know he is working under the table since he has continued to pay the mortgage of 1500.00 a month and all his other bills including a new car payment. I can not prove he is working under the table but how could he not be when he is paying all his bills and has been for the last 3 years.

I know his parents help him a lot and he had 2 roommates but I can't see how they would be covering over 2,000 a month in bills plus the cost of living for him. I can not afford a lawyer but I am sure he will be bring one to court with him since he has every other time and he's always got off easy. What can I do?

I live in Spotsylvania Virginia and so does my ex.

Comments for No Child Support And He Wont Work

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support
by: Child Support America Team Member

Thanks for sharing. Call your caseworker and ask that liens be brought against your ex. They can put liens on his bank accounts, cars, etc. Has his license been suspended?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Enforcement Questions.