New Jersey Courts To Consider To Dismiss my 50,000 arrearage?

by Nick
(New York City)

Child Support ordered from New Jersey court when I was Upper Middle Class and making a very good income. Unfortunately, they still have me as making 6 figures. When I had the money I made the support payments. I was later chronically homeless in New Jersey and New York for 10 years while obligation fees accrued to $50,000, I am now off the streets after those horrific 10 years in the streets and now in government-subsidize housing but do not have the money nor can afford to pay the $50,000 arrearage.

They took away my driver license, took away my passport, placed a lien against my credit, lien against any tax returns. I cannot work. I am disabled, collecting disability. I depend on my disability check to live on. I have Section-8 but my portion of the rent was raised an extra $150. I now pay my portion rent of $359. Figure that plus $250 per month for food, $100 for transportation, some for clothing, I have no Medicaid because my monthly disability check is over $750.

I'm 57 years old and cannot get Medicare so I have no medical insurance and no cash reserve in the event I need to visit a doctor or hospital. So I depend on whatever remains from my disability check for medical expenses. All that leaves me with a mere 150 dollars for the entire month to live on. I am forcrd to get food from the pantry which has food rich in salt and carbohydrates and no good for my chronic hypertension condition. That food will eventually kill me.

I was already in the hospital twice for hypertension and almost dead. I also suffer from chronic depression. While homeless sleeping in the gutters I had periodic thoughts to kill myself. I still get those thoughts. I'll never raise that $50,000. Ruined my credit, lien on my credit, lien on any tax returns, revoked my passport, revoked my driver license so I can't even drive a taxi, aside from the fact I am disabled.

My ex brainwashed my daughter throughout the years that I am a dead-beat dad ond my daughter no longer speaks to me cause she wants the money. My ex told my daughter horrific lies. I have no money to contribute to this site to get on the quick-answer program and cannot wait months for reply. I am at the end of my rope. Please help me.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.