My Child Receives Social Security Benefits

by Tina Cantera
(Canton, Ohio)

Hello, my son is autistic and he receives social security benefits. When I was ordered to pay child support, he was not receiving social security benefits at that time, but has since been receiving the month checks from social security. Could that income the child is now receiving modify the amount of child support payments?

Thank you

Comments for My Child Receives Social Security Benefits

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support Questions
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Tina!

Possibly yes and No. You should contact Your caseworker and ask this same question. If it effects your payment amount you should request a child support modification. Who has custody of the child?


by: Anonymous

You laid down and made him. Why shouldn't you have to pay for him why should the government pay? Why do mother's always try to get out of paying for their kids. Gee how unfit are you if you don't have your son.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Stark County Child Support Questions.