Modification In Alabama

I am seeking a child support modification in Alabama. My children now reside in Tuskegee with their mother. I currently live in Florida and have a new baby. The new child along with the Support amount ordered from the state of California is too much for me to afford the bare necessities. What steps do I need to take to get the case transferred from California to Alabama and then modified?

Comments for Modification In Alabama

Click here to add your own comments

What you can do
by: Child Support America Team Member

Whatever state the original child support order is in is your first contact source to get a modification. Primarily if your ex opened the case only she can get the case transferred. If your ex opened the case in California ask her to have the case transferred if you guys are getting along. Until that happens you will need to contact California child support and request a modification if you now have a new baby better know as a new dependent. Before you attempt to get your case transferred check the state laws to see which state is better to have a order in. Some states are worse than others dealing with child support.

CSA Team Member

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.