Marrying someone with child support arrears

by Laura

My fiance has two children he currently pays child support and owes back child support as well from when he was out of work. He is employed now and has the child support payment and arrears directly deducted from his check. If we get married am I responsible for his owed child support and could my tax refund get taken if I file married filing separately? Can my wages be garnished or his support order be changed based on my income? His tax refund currently goes straight to child support. We are in Delaware and his children live in Ohio.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Enforcement Questions.