Married But Separated And Paying Voluntary Child Support

by Lee
(South Carolina)

I reside in South Carolina and my soon to be ex-spouse resides in TX. We have one child. I have been sending five hundred dollars a month and then some since we have been apart. The divorce proceedings are taking place at this time. My question is, will the child support be based on the state in which she resides or mine? Or is that determined by where the decree is filed?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Definitions Questions.