Laws To Protect Fathers

My son moved in with me this past november. It has been almost 5 months and yet I still have to pay child support because his mother refuses to have it canceled. She said that she let my son move in on a trial basis and even if it takes him 2 years to make up his mind she is willing to wait. What about my rights?

I can't afford a lawyer especially while money is taken out of my check every week that is supposed to go to support my son. It is as though I am double supporting him, even though the money his mother is getting each month is going straight into her pocket and never even makes it toward anything he needs. I am sickened by this and every day I work my butt off to bring home barely nothing at the end of the week because the ex gets a chunck of what she shouldnt be entitled to.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Definitions Questions.