International Child Support Order Situation

My sister was married to an Asian man residing in Malaysia. During her marriage she gave birth to 3 children, now she has been divorced for 8 yrs and has not received any child support. She has full custody of the children and they now live in the United States. He travels for business to the United States and does not visit his kids or support them in any way. Can she prevent him from traveling to the United States? Can she file for any monies owing?

Thank you for your help.

Comments for International Child Support Order Situation

Click here to add your own comments

International Cases
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Garrison,

Thanks for your question and we understand your concern. Right now we don't really provide information on international cases but we can tell you this.

In the United States a non-custodial parent cannot have a legal passport of they owe $2,500 or more in child support. We need to know if your sister has ever filed for child support either in Malaysia or the U.S.

Please respond via this post.


international child support
by: Anonymous

My sister has filed for child support in Malaysia, however has never received any monies from him. She has full legal custody of the children. I hope there is something we can do.
thank you

Contact Case Worker in her state
by: Child Support America Team Member

Your sister should first contact or visit child support in the local county where she lives, and ask questions regarding international cases when the non- custodial parent lives in another country.

They should be able to at least point her in the right direction. There has to be a way to track down this gentleman and force him to take care of his responsibilities.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Enforcement Questions.