If I marry a man who owes back child support

by Nicole
(Clementon, NJ)

I have been dating and living with a man for the best 5 years he has two other children whom he was supporting and we would get them all the time while the mom worked when out whatever. He supported them fully.. Then three years ago when I got pregnant the mom was devastated and petitioned for child support for both the kids and then stopped all our communication with them. He was paying then lost job and now making payments as often as he can. We are suppose to be getting married next year however I am hesitant because I dont want to be held responsible for paying his back owed money. I have been told that my tax returns will be taken if he owes money is this an accurate statement. Is there anyway around it. I live in New Jersey

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.