If ex moved away do I pay child support

by John
(Little Rock, AR)

After a brutal divorce, my ex wife decided to move from small town Arkansas to Los Angeles, CA. I gave her consent to take my two boys with her as she was set on this plan already and I didn't want any trouble. Now, over a year later, she is demanding more money for child support from me. I currently am by law supposed to pay for their daycare and health-care, but also give extra. If she goes to court for child support, will the California laws be enforced? After some research, I see the CA child support is much, much more than I pay now and more than I can afford. Will the CA court not take into account that I live in Arkansas and she took the kids to a place with a much higher cost of living?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.