I pay child support on my 10 year old daughter

by Chris
(Kansas, USA)

I pay child support on my 10yr old daughter and she now lives with me.Her mother will not go down and drop the child support even though my daughter has been living with me for the last two months.Her mother lives in Missouri where the support order is and I live in Kansas, I went down to CSE in Kansas to file for child support and they tell me that I need to call Missouri about child support and when I call them they tell me I need to contact Kansas.I have two other children that live with me and we are struggling with me paying my daughters mother child every week it's taking from my daughter and my other children and it's not fair.

Missouri tells me that I can't get the child support dropped that my daughters mother has to go in and have it dropped but she wont because that's the only income she has coming in besides child support from another daughter she has. What can I possibly do to get the child support dropped,and there is no court order for child support just a CSE order. My daughter came to live with me because her 14yr old half sister is pregnant and her mom thought she was going to jail because of her daughter being pregnant.Her mom just got the heat turned on in her house and the house is real unsafe the bathroom tub is falling through the floor and if it rains or any wet weather happens and your on the toilet it rains on you. I don't know what to do????? Can you help me please and thank you very very much!!!!

Comments for I pay child support on my 10 year old daughter

Click here to add your own comments

Fast Response VIP member
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hello Chris,

We have emailed you your Fast Response and VIP information. Also one of our child support reps will be responding back to your situation on or before Monday. Thanks, and we will be in touch with you shortly.


Child Support Questions V.I.P. Member
by: Child Support America Team Member

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your question. The first thing you should do is go to family court in Kansas where you live and file for custody. Since your daughter's mom is unwilling to go drop the current child support order (which is not that simple either) You will need to have "LEGAL" custody to begin receiving child support payments from her. And also to get your current case dropped.

It is important that you do this as soon as possible. You are continuing to fall in arrears. A judge will not care about where she has been staying, you need to obtain the proof. At your local clerk of family courts explain your situation. You can file the necessary paperwork yourself for simply court costs. You will not need an attorney. The court date is going to be in a Kansas court where you live and your ex wife will be notified. If she does not show up then you will obtain custody by default. Not only that you physically have your daughter living with you now, which is good on your behalf.

Continue calling YOUR child support office. Even though those caseworkers tend to not return phone calls promptly. You have to get custody LEGALLY. The judge may also order the child support for HER to pay you at the same time. A child support order will be placed in Kansas. As it should be. Child Support orders are to be in the state which the child resides. Also look into Child Support Fraud as well. It is questionable,because she does not have the child in her care. Contact info for child support fraud is below. Call your county clerk of family courts ASAP. We wish you well.

Report Child Support Fraud:

Office of Inspector General
Department of Health and Human Services
PO Box 23489
Washington, DC 20026

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Services Questions.