I need child support help and dont know where to start!

by melissa
(bristol tn )

I am the custodial parent and I live in Tennessee where the original court order was put into place my daughters father is in Ohio I recently had a review done and they increased his support to 470 per month however the same figures on the TN worksheet would require him to pay 1070 per month also my daughter is required to go to a special needs school and the order states he is to pay 68% of that school and it is in writing on the review however because judge did not specify a monthly amount the Ohio child support enforcement says I have to contact him to get that money that they will not collect it what should I do I am looking to hire an attorney but dont know where to even start Ohio attorney or Tennessee attorney also dont know the rules but he also got away with paying not one red cent from the time my daughter was born 1996 up until 2003 can I go back and try to get money for all those years?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.