I just found out that I owe back child support

by Dwayne Williams
(Wichita, KS Sedgwick)

I wasn't aware of any back child support that I owed. Deductions are taken out of my check every two weeks. I went back to my divorce decree and noticed that at the time the divorce was final in 2007 they had a paragraph that stated that I owed $327 in back child support. It was an oversight on my behalf and now my check is to be garnished even more.

My ex stated that in Kansas although it's my year to claim my child that she can claim her due to me owing. What are my rights to get this resolved?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.