Husband Needs DNA Test For Child Support

by Frustrated Wife
(North Carolina)

My husband was ordered to pay child support for a little girl that he is not even sure she is his. First of all he was not around when the child was born,and yet his name is on the birth certificate. We believe that maybe his mom put all this in motion,and now we have to try to fix it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comments for Husband Needs DNA Test For Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

What He Can Do
by: Child Support America Team Member

Thanks for your question. First of all, if your husband HAS BEEN ordered to pay support then he should express these concerns about the child potentially not being his to his caseworker at Child Support. Another option is to go to a local drugstore and get an over the counter DNA test. You swab the father and child and mail the test in and will receive the results in a few weeks. These tests may or may not be admitted to court. BUT you will know the truth and how to proceed. Have you contacted an attorney for a free consultation and weighed other options?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Applying For Child Support Questions.