How Do We Get A Child Support Modification

by Brianna

My husband has three children from his previous marriage. We are currently paying $800.00 a month in Child Support. We have figured what the support is suppose to be and it's about $425.00 a month. (She had a lawyer and he didn't)The amount was figured on a paycheck that had 38 hours of overtime. What steps do we need to take to lower the child support amount?

Please don't advice us to go to DHS. We have tried and they don't care that he is paying %50 of his income towards supporting the kids. It's not that we don't want to help support them, but their mother hasn't had a job in the three years that they have been divorced and is living on the child support as her main source of income. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!


Comments for How Do We Get A Child Support Modification

Click here to add your own comments

How to get a modification
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hello Brianna,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your husbands child support issue. Your husband could simply request a modification based on his current income, but here is what we recommend.

You mentioned that your husbands ex wife had an attorney and he didn't at the time the child support order was set. That scenario is a classic way to get the short end of the stick dealing with the system.

We have a new affordable legal program in place to help people like your husband to obtain legal counsel when going through situations like divorce, child support and other issues.

Even though your husband can request a modification, we strongly advise him to look into our legal program. It's only $26.95 a month and will give both of you guys legal counsel to help him get the correct modification on his child support order.

Read our legal page to see how our legal program has helped myself and thousands of others with their child support situations. It's in two parts, so be sure to read both pages. If you have any question, or want to sign up contact us anytime.



Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.