How Do I Sign Off Of My Parental Rights

by Michael Pinkley
(Newton Falls Oh Trumbull County)

I am currently not allowed to see my daughter. I pay child support but don't have money to hire an attorney to hold the mother in contempt of court. I have fought with this for years but would like to know how I can terminate my parental rights. My child support is through Summit County

Comments for How Do I Sign Off Of My Parental Rights

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support Questions

Hello Micheal,

You will have to contact an attorney to give up your parental rights, BUT this will not exempt you from paying child support. Unless another man legally adopts your child and agrees to all of her financial needs, then you still will be required to pay support. Have you contacted domestic relations court? There are mediation programs that are free in Summit County that she will be court ordered to attend through the courts along with you. These programs are to work out visitation issues and parenting issues among the two of you. These programs are either free or a low cost filing fee. Contact the clerk of courts for more info.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Summit County Child Support Questions.