How Do I Recoup Over Payments Made To Child Support

by Craig N. Monastra
(N. Canton, Ohio, US)

Hello, My support was reduced due to court order and change in income retroactive to Sept. of 2009. I called the start office the week of June 14, 2010 and was told I had been debited approx $800 to the acct and would have a final payment at the end of the support agreement with the reduction taken then. In addition I paid (mailed) my June 2010 obligation but also found that child support had deductions taken from my work so in effect I double paid for the month of June 2010. I am now approx overpaid by nearly $2400. Today I called about this issue and found my ex-wife received additional payments during June. I called the state office and they said my acct overage has been applied to July 2010 and no obligation is due however my work deduction will occur automatically through July which is three (3) times due to may pay periods. How do I get these over payment back?

Comments for How Do I Recoup Over Payments Made To Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support Questions

Hi Craig,

You can attempt to call the supervisor over your caseworker at the child support office. But, you may receive faster results by contacting an attorney. Some attorneys will make phone calls on your behalf and a phone call in this case may do the trick.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.