How Do I Receive Child Support From Local Agency

I am lost in my situation. My ex owes owes me almost $30,000 in child support on 2 children. I have called my local agency because they are involved in it, and I seem to be going in loops. They won't do anything unless he goes 6 months without paying. It seems like he pays just enough to keep from going to court. He's actually been to court before off and on for about 2 years, and they dropped him. WHY I don't know. They won't tell me much when I call them, and I can't talk to my case worker unless it's an emergency. He is only ordered to pay about $315 a month on 2 children which isn't a lot considering they're both teenagers now. I can't afford an attorney so I was wondering if there was something else I could be doing. The state doesn't seem to helping.

Comments for How Do I Receive Child Support From Local Agency

Click here to add your own comments

File A Motion With Courts
by: Child Support America Team Member

We are sorry for your frustration and thanks for contacting us. At this point, the only thing you can do is to press the issue legally by filing a contempt of non child support with the courts.

You don't need an attorney, but you do need to be organized and fill out the paperwork properly. We understand that you can't afford and attorney, so we encourage you to look into our VIP membership program. You can do this by clicking on our VIP memberships button to your left.

Our question to you is, does this gentleman have a full time job that you are aware of? You can respond via this post.

CSA Staff

by: Anonymous

Yes he does have a full time job. Not sure where it is though, he likes to hide that information. But I do know he doesn't keep the same job for very long.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Resources Questions.