How do I prove I paid back child support

by David Marcoux
(Oklahoma city)

I have two children with two different women. i have been paying child support every since they were born. i lost my job back in 2005 for six months i was out of work, when i started back to work Oklahoma dhs held out back child support, in 2008 2009 and 2010 dhs would send me a check for overpayment. just 3 weeks ago i pulled my credit report dhs was listed on there it was on there twice i disputed this saying it should only be on there one time. one balance showed 0 the other was 161.00.

Now after i have been at a new job for 6 months now and paying my child support for these six months it goes up dhs claiming i owe from 2006. during 2006 2007 dhs took my income tax return for this past due child support. I want to pay it if i owe it but i believe i do not owe it because i have already paid it back from my past job. in June of 2010 i lost my job and it was 2 months until i found a job during the first few weeks at the job i am at now they withheld child support for the 2 months i was off. then it went back to normal. how do i prove that child support from 2006 has been paid, if i owed back child support why would dhs send me a check for overpayment in 2008 2009. did disputing this on my credit report have anything to do with it??

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.