How do I modify a child support order

I have been divorced from my ex-husband for 4 1/2 years. I have not worked in almost two years. I was laid off and then, I have had two surgeries and am unable to work. My ex was given a promotion and placed on salary. At the same company. In our divorce agreement, I am to pay for half of the children's health insurance and half of the cost of their healthcare. I do not work. The only income I have is from my child support. $145 per week for two children. My ex has not given me any proof as to what he pays for insurance and he has refused. He takes $45 every week from my check and will not cooperate with the requests (via certified mail) for proof of the amount of insurance being deducted from his check each week.

I do not have the funds to continue paying for the insurance and he refuses to even discuss letting the insurance be his sole responsibility. I want to know if there is a way to collect on the money that he continually without my approval deducts from my check each week and if there is a way to increase the amount of child support each week. I need help bad. Does the fact that his new wife makes more money and he makes more than he did justify filing for more support. I am married and my husband works. Would that hurt my case for more support?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.