How Do I Modify A Child Support Order In New Jersey?

by Judy
(Mt. Holly, NJ)

I was laid off in April and have been unemployed since then. I have not have an increase in my child support in well over 3 years and can't even get my case worker to return my phone calls regarding a review of my case. What can I do?

Comments for How Do I Modify A Child Support Order In New Jersey?

Click here to add your own comments

Case Worker Problems
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Judy,

We hear this story all the time concerning case workers not returning phone calls. At this point you will have to get more aggressive in your approach. You can physically go into your local office or write a letter.

If you still can't get a response your situation is now a legal issue. This is why we are offering a low cost legal service through our Child Support America VIP membership program.

It's amazing what happens when an attorney makes a phone call or writes a letter on your behalf. Things change in a hurry. Most people don't realize that child support can be a legal problem. In certain situations you need a lawyer to help you sort through the red tape of dealing with the system. It's not fair, but it's just the way it is. Check out our VIP membership program to your left if you need attentional help with your case. You may also contact us anytime by responding back this post.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.