How Do I Get Temporary Child Support?

by Ashley
(Orlando, Florida)

Left my husband and moved in with my parents about a month ago. Filing papers for divorce but husband refuses any type of support for 3 children at this time thinking I will return to him. He was very controlling over the money and everything else and now says that he will not give me any money for the children because he thinks I'm going to spend it on myself-which I would not do. What do I do to survive till the courts grant the divorce?

Comments for How Do I Get Temporary Child Support?

Click here to add your own comments

This may be possible
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hello Ashley,

If you have an attorney we recommend you ask if they can file a motion for an expedited or emergency hearing for temporary child support. Every state has different laws but this may be a possibility.

If you do not have a lawyer, you may have to wait until your first hearing when you file your divorce papers. Also feel-free to check out our VIP membership program if you need an attorney. We provide a low cost legal service to help our members. Simply click on the VIP membership’s button on your left. You can also respond back via this post.


Do what you have to do 4 those children
by: Anonymous

you have 3 Children with this man. If you don't have the money for a lawyer file for child support with your local Child support agency. If you can get on some public assistance. It speeds the process up. I filed for child support and I was told becase I wasn't on any assistance it will take longer.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.