How Do I Get More Child Support

my girls and me

my girls and me

My name is Tracy and I am a single mom of 2 girls’ ages15 &11 years old. I am divorced from my girl’s dad and he now resides in Washington State. Our case takes precedence in Illinois where we all lived while we were married. This man is in Law Enforcement, but yet will not see his girls and will not call or contact his girls in any way. He makes on an average about 50-60k a year. He lives in a new house with a corvette and all the toys and yet will not help to support my children in any way except to pay what he is to pay which is the bare minimum. He pays me 600.00 a month. I work hard going to school and working a full time job to support myself and my girls.

I am tired of this man not helping with medical bills, extra bills that the girls have and living his happy life while his girls go without. My daughter has been sick and he didn't even care to find out how she was even though she was sent to the hospital for tests. She is in extensive counseling and registers on a scale of 28 for depression and a child her age is to test below 10. He is a piece of CRAP dad and won't help us. How come they go by the take home pay and not the base pay of what he actually earns? I think this sucks.

Sincerely, Tracy Bolen

Comments for How Do I Get More Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

Sorry For Your Troubles
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hello Tracy, and thank you for contacting us.

We are very sorry about your situation, especially since your daughter is sick and depressed. It?s a terrible shame when individuals purposely neglect to have a healthily relationship with their children. We hear these stories often, and they are sad every single time.

One of the things you can do is, ask your child support case worker to see if he can be required to add the girls to his medical plan. This is common with child support. Also if he is making more money you can request a modification. Be sure you research his situation first. If he has more dependants or is making less money his child support could be reduced. So look at the entire situation before requesting a child support modification.

Also, feel-free to check out our VIP Memberships link on the left. It?s a new program we are developing to give our visitors some extra help with their child support situations. We receive tons of submissions, and VIP members get first priority and extra benefits. We only have a limited number of memberships available, so act fast if you are interested.
Well take care, and contact us anytime by responding back to this post.


P.S. We hope and pray for your daughter to get well physically and emotionally.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.