How do I file for retroactive child support

Been dealing with a divorce for 10 months. My husband has not paid anything towards the well being of his daughter,, meanwhile I have had to accept government assistance until I got a job and since have been paying everything from full time day care, clothing, medical expenses and extra circular activites. I filed for child support as soon as I filed for divorce.

I have been borrowing money from my mother this whole time and need the retroactive child support to help repay some of the debt. Question is how do I go about filing and which forms do I need to file with clerk of the court? Obviously I am pro se...cannot afford a lawyer.. I also work so much just to barely break even,, so I also do not have the time to learn all the legalities with all of is all so overwhelming! Any help would be extremely helpful. thank you very much

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.