How Do I Establish Paternity Overseas

by Matthew
(Baumholder, Germany)

I am active duty military. I have a possible child with an un-wed girl. We are on bad terms, she does not want me to have any role in the baby girls life. I am preparing to deploy and cannot fly back for court proceedings or anything. How do I just claim her and then later test her to see if shes is indeed mine?

Comments for How Do I Establish Paternity Overseas

Click here to add your own comments

Paternity Test
by: Child Support America Team Member

Dear Matthew,

Honestly, you should not claim her until you know for sure she is yours. You may need to handle this in the states. Being in the military do you have any legal representation or advice you can obtain concerning this issues?


by: Anonymous

Being active the only choice I have is to claim her legally wether or not shes mine or try to get the mother to agree to a paternity test.
The mother has ceased all contact with me.

establishing paternity
by: Anonymous

If,you know what state she lives contact the local child support agency or child services office.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Enforcement Questions.