How can I switch a child support order from Nevada to California

I am the non-custodial parent. My daughter and her mother moved back to California over a year ago but the child support case is still based in Nevada. Neither my daughters mother or myself are going to move back to Nevada and would like to move the order here. We communicate very well and both are unsure how to handle the situation. Also there has never been a court ordered visitation schedule, do you recommend that we set one up here in California. We live within a few blocks with each other and I spend days with my daughter and the nights she is with her mother. I am currently unemployed and my support is piling up in Nevada. My daughter is 4 and i have been unemployed for almost a year, so the interest is killing me. Please advise me, the court system is highly intimidating !!!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.