How Can I Make My Back Child Support Arrears Right

by faith hannah
(hickory nc)

Hello my mane is Faith Hannah.. i have 3 children and 2 live with me.. my son lives with my uncle and i pay child support on him.. i have always been on time with my payments until i lost my job and i cant find another one at the moment.. i take full responsibility of my two daughters and it hard.. especially how the economy is right now.. so i just find out that my uncle is getting disability on my son.. how is that.. he hasn't let me see my son in 10 years.. how can i fix my problem.. if hes getting disability on him. how am i still owing child support.. needing answers... faith hannah

Comments for How Can I Make My Back Child Support Arrears Right

Click here to add your own comments

Back Child Support
by: Child Support America Team Member

Dear Faith,

You should contact your local Social Security Administration office. Talk to a representative and ask these questions. You should be able to find out why you are paying support for the child. Does your father have full custody of your son?


in answer...
by: faith hannah

its my uncle that has my son and yes they do now..

How to correct back child support that isn t correct.
by: Deborah

My husband I were divorced in Ju;y 1996 and reconsiled in Augest 1996. Do th the fact we were living togther Idid not send my money for child support because it went back to the family.We finially split up for good in November 2000 he went to utah and filled for child support and ever since them the state of Texas has tried to put me in jail. The judge gave the states 2 months to get the back child suppport right and it has never happened. I still get shitty letters from Texas saying that they are goning to throw me in jail even though I am paying 192.50 I am only suppose to be paying 75.00 for the 15 year old girl and the other has turned 20. He is will to help straighten it out but we need to know how and what papaer work that we need to file.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.