Help Me Finally Get My Child Support

by Trish
(Forest Park, GA )

I have a child support order in Michigan that was established in 1987 for my daughter it was only 40 dollars a month we moved to Georgia where he resides and there was a court order here and the two cases were not merged he owes a over 28000 in the Michigan case and filed for bankruptcy his bankruptcy was dismissed and he received over 4000 dollars back from the IRS. This has always been a dead beat dad when we would get his phone number he would change it. How can I finally get the arrears of the child support?

Comments for Help Me Finally Get My Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support Questions
by: Child Support America Team Member

Dear Trish,

You must contact your child support caseworker that is over your case. He can have his drivers license suspended and there can be liens placed on his accounts and property. I am curious as to why your child support amount was never modified. Was it ever modified?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.