Father Has Not Seen Childern In Over 6 Years

by Jenny
(Canton, Ohio Stark County)

My husband wants to adopt my children but a attorney says the birth father must sign rights away. The problem is that I don't know where he is.

Comments for Father Has Not Seen Childern In Over 6 Years

Click here to add your own comments

Final result
by: Child Support America Team Member

Did this attorney give you a final solution? There has to be a way around this if the father has abandoned the kids. You can respond via this post.


by: Anonymous

IF I am not mistaken (but talk with an attorney) you have to place adds in the paper around where you live and if you know of his (the father) relatives live out of state in there paper put in add that adoption is wanting to be done. I was thinking it was 10 years but again I could be wrong. I would ask an attorney they would now for sure.

take away fathers rights after abandonment
by: Anonymous

You can also file for abandonment which should automatically drop his rights to fatherhood. not sure of the years but i KNOW its less thn 5. You can even get support after abandonment has been granted since theres no possibility of ever recieving child support.Again you have to put an ad out in the paper tho.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Stark County Child Support Questions.