Ex Married After Modification Order

by brett heiserman
(longview, wa, usa)

I asked to have my child support modified because I made less money. It took the last 3 months to get this done. last month my ex decided to get married and they got married yesterday just a few days after the modification order was signed by judge. i need to find out if there is anything i can do to reduce my support. i have been living with my mother for 3 years and i don't make enough to live on my own. i have 2 kids and pay 650.00 per month... Washington state. She asked the kids to keep it a secret until today and they both called me to tell me.

Comments for Ex Married After Modification Order

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Brett,

Your ex getting married will not qualify you for a modification. Some states child support calculator, will not even count the new spouse's income. Are you requesting the amount be lowered due to the income of her new spouse?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.