Drivers License To Work A Job

by Ray
(Lebanon, OR)

I live in Oregon. My kids live in Los Angeles (County) California - so my Child Support case is through CA. I have a wife and son here in Oregon - and I have been staying home with our young son since his birth. Now that he's getting ready to start pre-school I am trying to get a job. Is there ANY WAY I can get a hardship or some kind of license so that I can get to and from work? If they want people to WORK to PAY their child support.... they should allow them to get their license to work.

Any ideas??

Thank you

Comments for Drivers License To Work A Job

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hello Ray,

We understand your point! Try speaking with your child support case worker and ask them if they will work something out so that you can drive to work.

Some case managers are sympathetic and will agree to this on certain terms. Have you ever been in touch with your case worker before?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.