Disabled Son has no contact with bio father

by krista
(florence, nj usa)

I am the mother if a disabled 7 yr old little boy...which whom is so much to care for that im not able to keep a job nor does an employer want a mother with this kind of responsibilty on her plate. The problem is...his father has had no contact with him in over 3 and a half years, which is fine with me since he was useless when he was around and is an active alcoholic and drug addict.

Ive always had all of it on me, but now the child support payments are taken from his check in arkansas, and we are in nj. Ive never gotten a tax offset check in the past even though its always been more than 500 in arrears, but he has a 17 yr old in california that he pays for too i guess. its so confusing and frustrating because he owes my son more than 4,000 dollars now which would help with his therapies and care. Will i eventually get his taxes for my sons care for back support even though he has another kid? he does not wish to see his son..and his son does not want to see him...so i also want to file for full custody and parental rights. Will i still get the back support if i do that? thanks, kris

Comments for Disabled Son has no contact with bio father

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support VIP MEMBER.............
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Krista,

We are sorry for your troubles with your son's father. If you file for full custody, this should have No bearing to you getting the money owed to you.

You should contact his case worker in Arkansas to see why his taxes have not been offset. Sometimes the taxes go to the other child which is not fair. So contact to the case worker to find out why.

Also, since you are good mom taking care of a Disabled child we want to provide you with FREE VIP membership. We will email the login info to your personal email address.

Click or cut and past the link below for more details. Take care, and use this thread to respond back or when you have questions.



Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Definitions Questions.