Daughters Child Support Situation

by Frank

Here's my situation. My daughter is 23, we just last week found each other. Her mother to whom Illinois and the states disbursement unit are paying her, the mom, back child support. Yes, I fell behind.

My daughters mom, went to jail last year for dealing in meth, in Indiana. Is there any way I can find out if Indiana seized the child support I paid for the year and a half her mom was in jail?

Secondly, is it possible to have an order modified so as my daughter, who needs the money, can receive it? I doubt her mom even told her that she is still receiving back support. I'd ask my daughter, but we just are now getting to know one another after 19 years, I don't want to spoil it, she loves it that we are talking.

Thank you very much for your time.


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Fathers Rights Questions.