Daughter-in-law has tried to pursue court ordered child support

by Stephanie
(Loogootee IN )

My daughter-in-law has a 5 year old son. The absent father has paid little to no support up to this point. There is a court order for support in the Indiana county where she and my son live. I suggested she follow up with the prosecutor in that county since that is their job to pursue court ordered support. That office basically blew her off. The absent father lives in another state and works "off the books", and she is tired of not getting support for her son. Without an attorney and that expense what can she do to have the support ordered enforced? She recently told me he absent father was going to college on a GI bill from the military. He is basically 5 years in arrears. Who can she contact to help her? Thank you for all your help. Stephanie

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.