Credit from child support

by John Quick
(Virginia Beach, VA)

I wrote 3 checks fr child support to my ex when I first was served with papers that she filed for child support. I had no case number so at the time I wrote the check payable to her and in the memo field put what is was a payable for. I have proof front and back that the checks were cashed and endorsed by my ex. when I spoke to the division of child support they advised me that I would need to submit this info to an attorney or the courts to get the credit issued that they would not issue me the credit.

I live in VA she lives in Hawaii. I do not live close by to just file a court paper to submit this for a request to get credit for funds that she has clearly gotten and I would like to receive credit for the amount that I paid. I now have it currently being debited from my paycheck to avoid this, But I need to know how I can get my credit for what I have paid to her?


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.