Court order to stop collecting child support

by Ariadne Ramirez
(Colton, Ca, USA)

My ex-husband is court ordered to pay around $230 a month for our two children. He has been unemployed for the past 4 months and is about $10,000 in debt from being unemployed prior months/years. I recently moved from California to Iowa. He filed an order of contempt because he was not able to get his every other weekend visitation (which he never took when we lived in Iowa anyway). I recently spoke with him and he is willing to allow the boys and I to stay in California without further problems as long as I stop the child support order and pay for visits during the summer, which I agreed to. How do I go about stopping the child support court order?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Services Questions.